What is Southern Connecticut Women’s Soccer League (SCWSL)?
- Women‘s open league that has been around for over 20 years
- Volunteer run and consists of three board members and eight team representatives
- Nine teams located throughout the Fairfield County.
- Competitive league of experienced players ranging in ages from 18 and up.
- Two seasons: Fall and Spring
–Fall season starts weekend after Labor Day and ends weekend before Thanksgiving
–Spring season starts weekend after Easter and ends weekend before July 4th
- Games every Saturday morning (Except for Memorial Day weekend)
–Times range between 9-11am
–Field location is Fairfield county (New Haven, Danbury, Stamford, Westport Norwalk)
- Encourage player commitment for at least 6 of the 9 Saturdays scheduled.
- Team rep will be responsible for assisting with registration and collecting money
- Fees- Separate fee for Spring and Fall play.
- –Annual fees are collected in the Fall so that amount tends to be larger.
I am interested in joining for the fall season, I will be a graduate student at UNH living in New Haven. I am wondering when registration opens and if there are try-outs when they would be, thanks!
I just noticed your comment about playing in the Southern CT Women’s Soccer League this Fall. Sorry for the delay. Has anyone from the league contacted you? We’re still looking for players, and the season starts on Saturday (9/12). Most games are in Stamford, but there are some in New Haven, Westport, and Danbury. If you’re interested, please contact Jen Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to be placed with a team. If you don’t get a response by Wednesday night, please email me at email@example.com and I can help you out.
Southern CT Women’s Soccer League